Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back at Tri Training

So, I am only home from Tahoe a few days, but there is no rest for me.  My Nation's Triathlon Team has not stopped training since I was first there the middle of May.  I have not been back with them since then either.  Now, that Tahoe is over, it is time to get my grove back with tri training.

Saturday morning was swim training.  Not a bad workout, but I can tell I need more time in the pool.  I am not quite in top shape.  This summer will change that.  (I hope!)

Here was our workout.
  • 5x50 yrds (250 yds) Drills
  • 10x 50 yds (500 yds) Under 1:15
  • 5x100 yds (500 yds) Under 2:20
  • 4x25 yds (100 yds) Under :30
  • 2x50 yds (100 yds) Under 1:00
  • 1x100 yds (100 yds) Under 1:50
  • 1x50 yds (50 yds) Under :55 (did it in :54)
  • Total 1600 Yds = .9 miles



At one point when Coach said 2x50 under 1:00 (each) I mentioned my asthma... He basically shrugged and said "You signed up for triathlon." and walked away.  Not that I expected it, but there is NO sympathy from Coach Stan.  He is right though.  I can't keep using my asthma as a crutch.  Obviously I have done more than one would expect with this condition, so there is no excuse.  And, I was able to meet the goals above yesterday even without swimming for some time.  

After training, I asked Coach for advice.  His words... "Since you already know how to swim, you need to work on stretching out your stroke."  So, efficiency of stroke is my chore for this week.  Pool time is necessary.  Looks like Meadows Park or Deerfield Pool this week after work.  Anyone care to join me??

Sunday was to be our biking day.  My bike is still in transit from Tahoe (delayed due to snow... in JUNE!).  I know I keep talking about the snow in Tahoe, but seriously, this Florida girl who has never seen snow (not real snow anyhow) is still in disbelief about the weather in Tahoe.  

In any case, since I cannot ride with the team, I decided to run instead.  A short 3+ mile run around my neighborhood, just to get my legs back in gear.  It is kinda hot running here in the summer, but one must do what one must do to compete.  

There is nothing that will keep this determined girl from finishing Nation's Tri in less than 3:15:00 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment