Monday, May 23, 2011

Why I do What I do.....

Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes I question my sanity with all my running around, working, training, fundraising. Even this weekend to be exact, it seemed my get up and go, got up and went leaving me far behind. Then, just when I need it most, God sends a miracle down to show me WHY I do all this for LLS and TNT... Here is the most important reason why...

Courtney!

You may already know she was diagnosed with ALL (acute lymphocytic leukemia) in August of 2009. You may also know that she has been in remission since late August, early September 2009. You may NOT know one of the drugs she took for chemo (vincristine, I believe is the drug that was the root cause) actually triggered neuropathy in her lower extremities putting Courtney in a wheel chair since January of 2010.

Tonight, for the first time since January 2010, my little niece (ok so 15 is not so little, but she is still a baby to me) walked for the first time with no assistance from Mom and Dad, only her walker and her own get-up-and-go. So I think I revived my inspiration....




This is the reason I continue this fight... I fight for those who are fighting their own battles every day... I do what I do because I CAN when so many others can't.

Thank you, Lord, our Father... for showing me this little miracle and giving me my sanity back.

No comments:

Post a Comment