Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Feel the Need; The Need for SPEED

Let me just say.... I ROCK!!!  Ok, now that is out of the way.  Coach Big Mac offered a mid-week trip to the training grounds for a quick time trial and some speed interval training.  If you recall, my last time trial was 12:08 (Avg 18.79) for 3.8 miles a few weeks ago.  Well, tonight, after a long day at the office and after a hard training over the weekend, I did the same route, with a very nasty headwind I must say, at 11:35 (Avg 19.68 mph).  (Overall, 33 seconds faster than just a few weeks ago.)  Like I said, I ROCK!

After the time trail, Coach had me do a few speed intervals.
  • 45 seconds hard core all out top speed
  • 15 seconds recovery
  • 20 seconds hard core all out top speed
  • 2 minute recovery

I am not sure my speed on all of them, but I do know I kept it above 21 for the most part and even over 24 at one point.  You can say it, I already did twice... I ROCK!!!

I am really proud of myself.  You see, I have only been on the road bike since July 2010.  Last summer I had a hard time keeping up with the team at 17-18 mph.  To be able to get to and maintain 19-20 mph is great for me.  I am hoping by the time Nation's comes around I can take 10 minutes off my bike time. That is my goal.

By the way, did I tell you I ROCK!!!  (And I did not need my inhaler even once tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment