Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to ALL!!


As you can see  from my last post, 2010 has been one heck of a year for me.  I am looking forward to a fresh start in 2011 with many goals in mind to make it a very memorable year.  That said, what exactly are my goals for 2011??  What exactly do I want from the next 12 months?

Let's start with one goal that I missed in 2010... Set my personal record in a half marathon at 2:20 or less. Of course that would mean I would have to actually begin training again.  Yes, I know most of my friends think all I do is train train train... Well, honestly, although I did run two half marathons in the last three months, that is about all the running I have done.  It is sad, I know.  Given that my next race is 30 days away, I really need to begin training again.  So starting tomorrow morning (yes, the early morning after New Years Eve) I will be up and at it, back on track to finally meeting this goal in 2011.  Most likely NOT at the Miami ING January 30th, but there is always Fort Lauderdale A1A February 20th.

Next, I want to hit the mark this year with $20,000 raised for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I started a new 'business' as a way to help me make that goal.  I became a BeautiControl Consultant as a way to have a consistent stream of funds coming in for LLS.  If you are interested how you can help me by pampering yourself, visit my website to learn more.  In addition to putting on Spa Parties, I have a few other events in the planning including a Song Writers Showcase featuring some of Country music's top song writers and local celebrities; a bachelor/bachelorette auction; and a Larry Wolfe Memorial Poker Run.  All of these events will benefit LLS, either in their entirety or at least in part.

In addition to my fundraising goal for LLS, I am also geared up to participate in two major events for Team In Training: America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (a 103-mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe) in June and the Dublin Marathon in Ireland in October.  I am looking forward to participating in both events.  And, YES, this will mean even more training.

This year will also be about saying good bye.  In March I will be traveling with family to spread the ashes of Mom and Dad (or step-dad) in Tennessee.  I remember my mom always talking about how she adored being in the Blue Ridge Mountains and could not wait for another vacation there with my dad.  Unfortunately, they never had the chance to experience another vacation together.  So this March, my family and I will spread their ashes in their final resting place somewhere alone the Blue Ridge Highway.  I have a feeling this will be a pretty tough month for me.  It is a good thing I have many great friends and family who will be by my side through it all.

I think the most important job I have this year is to help my daughter get into a good college and get her ready to start her adult life.  Yes, my little girl will be going off to college in 2012. It is kind of scary to think she will soon be off on her own.  A moment I am both looking forward to, and fearing at the same time.  I guess that is normal for a MOM.

So, out with the old and out of date, in with the new and improved.  No more settling for second best or less than what I deserve.  Time for a fresh start!!

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” (Edith Lovejoy Pierce)
I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2011.  May all your hopes and dreams become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment